La Paillasse is an open shared space where Biology and especially Biotechnology meet Hacking. We propose several workshops in a DIYbio spirit, where technology is used as a way to introduce the science behind it. It is accessible to anybody! Come over and show us also your ideas for projects or goal!
Meetign each Thursday at 8 pm with /tmp/lab at Vitry.
see the full article on the BioHacklab -related communities
The La Paillasse at /tmp/lab is a local group of passionate people about biology, each with his or her own area of expertise, interest and dedication. Some are from the computer side (read geeks), some others are PhDs, researcher, professionals and students from the biology side, all of them want to see new things and interesting projects in the biology domain.
The Bio-Hackerspace La Paillasse is a research lab from the civil society with collaboration with private, research and academic sector.
We are aiming to a very open, diverse and possibly opposed approaches to biology. We are open to new projects from non-members and encourage anyone to come meet us at our weekly meetings, regardless of your knowledge or age; only passion and interest matter.
Our goal is to federate a community of Biohackers, in order to make biology easy and accessible for all. To do so, we are working on:
- making biology and biohacking more visible to the public, by making presentations and pedagogic actions. We are also working, with other, on different issues in order to make Biohacking a renowned discipline (safety, environmental, ethical and legal issues);
- developping and distributing the tools needed to perform biological studies and experiments. By this way we are also contributing to the internationnal biohacker community by releasing our tools in an open source format;
- managing an open-access laboratory, where biological projects can be hosted.
When and Where
The members of the La Paillasse meet "physically" each Thursday with /tmp/lab at Vitry. But we are also working together everyday with collaborative tools.
We also organize Workshops that last a full day (usually on Sunday, once every 1-2 months) whose aim is to achieve a piece of work by the end of the day(s).
- Lab meeting
- Journal Club
- Help the BioHacklab
- Les ressources pour bien démarrer
We are continuously making a call for projects. If you want to start a project on biology, the community of La Paillasse can provide you support and help. If you want to apply, please contact us.
- L'Atelier DNA Barcoding
- Biocluster : alignement
- Biocluster : genomes
- L'Atelier Bioethique
- cold L'Atelier Vie Artificielle
- cold L'Atelier Yogourt Hacking
- cold L'Atelier Bioremediation
- cold L'Atelier Genomique personnelle exploratoire
- cold Système écologique clos
- cold L'Atelier Energie Solaire
- cold L'Atelier Microscopie mobile
- DIY Transilluminator
- cold Scimee - Social platform for Scientific announcements
- cold Ateliers Intelligence Artificielle inter-Hackerspaces
- Génomique personnelle
- HPC Genomic Workflow Optimisation
- Culture cellulose bacterienne-Optimisation
- BIOHACK_101 (fr)(old) : Biologie Synthetique & DIYBio
- BIOHACK_102 (fr)(old) : BioHackLab Hackerspace
- BIOHACK_103 (fr)(old) : BioHacklab : Modes d'emploi
- Poster BioKit DIY
- Modelisation software (MATLAB and Simulink, GNU Octave, freeFEM++)
- Evolution and Artificial Life (Avida, Tierra)
- Microbiology (incubator)
- Molecular biology (PCR machine, DNA electrophoresis)
- Cellular biology (microscope)